Once known as a farming town, the city of Avon has transformed into a vibrant and thriving area where the town’s residents can find everything they need. The Lorain County Metro Parks’ Miller Nature Preserve displays prehistoric ferns to exotic orchids in its new conservatory, and the historic Avon Isle Park Dance Pavilion lets residents kick up their heels for an evening of dancing and memories. This wonderful variety of activities makes Avon a perfect home to our St. Mary of the Woods. Our staff members are proud that our community serves as our residents’ home and a gathering place for family and friends.
Independent Living and Assisted Living in Avon Ohio
St. Mary of the Woods is a distinctive faith-oriented community offering 81 independent living apartments, 47 assisted living apartments, and a 30-bed skilled nursing and rehabilitation community. Our residence features gorgeous architecture, spacious residences, unparalleled hospitality, and a beautiful chapel offering daily services. With a continuum of services, our staff members provide individualized care for every resident we serve.
Our Community Services
St. Mary of the Woods is a skilled nursing and rehabilitation community. We are dedicated to rehabilitating each resident in a results-driven, clean and friendly environment. Our professional nursing staff provides physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech therapy, as well as intravenous therapy, pet therapy, pain management and wound care. Our services help restore the quality of life to our residents and enable them to reach the highest level of independence possible.
The Right Choice
Choosing the right nursing center can be a difficult decision for the potential resident and family. We understand the emotional process of placement and strive to help with the adjustment for both the resident and his or her family. In fact, many of our staff members have had relatives and friends choose our center because of our family atmosphere and quality nursing care services.
- Many long-term staff members
- Pleasant living environment
- Trained and dedicated staff
- Great community reputation and involvement
- Excellent location to visit
- Hospital and physician offices nearby
Our Commitment to Excellence
Our staff sets the standard for excellence in all departments and all services we provide. We believe that our goal is to create an environment which promotes independence and safety while focusing on improving the quality of life for each patient.
Excellence is measured in many ways including:
- Annual Department of Health surveys
- Many staff members who have had family and friends stay at the community for rehabilitation and extended stays
- Family, resident, and staff feedback on satisfaction and responsiveness
- The Atrium Advantage Customer Service program
- Staff members recognized for professional achievements in clinical and service excellence
- As measured by Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services Five-Star Rating
- Advancing Excellence