2011 National Quality Award Winner
Essex of Salem III has been recognized as a 2011 recipient of the Bronze – Commitment to Quality National Quality Award presented by the American Health Care Association.
The National Quality Award Program is based on the core values and criteria of the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award Program.
Essex of Salem III is located in the rural Quaker town of Salem. Rolling hills and farmland surround this religious community which is home to more than 25 churches. Our 2011 National Quality Award winning community is proud to be located in a town that is rich in history.
Our community is close to many restaurants, stores and entertainment venues, and our residents enjoy the many activities and events created by our staff within the community and out on the town. We are proud of our staff members because they provide our residents with exceptional healthcare services in a safe, clean and friendly environment.
Our Community Features
Essex of Salem III is a 50-bed two-story building with 20 beds on the first floor and 30 beds on the second floor. Two patio areas allow our residents to gather with friends and family. They can enjoy the fresh air while taking in the scenic view of the nearby valley.
Our Community Services
Essex of Salem III is a skilled nursing community offering short-term rehabilitative or long-term stays. We are proud to offer skilled nursing services that include wound care, intravenous therapy, oxygen therapy, and diabetes management. We also offer physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech therapy. Each day, our therapists help our residents to stand tall and enjoy life again.
The Right Choice
Choosing the right nursing center can be a difficult decision for the potential resident and family. We understand the emotional process of placement and strive to help with the adjustment for both the resident and his or her family. In fact, many of our staff members have had relatives and friends choose our center because of our family atmosphere and quality nursing care services.
- Many long-term staff members
- Pleasant living environment
- Trained and dedicated staff
- Great community reputation and involvement
- Excellent location to visit
- Hospital and physician offices nearby
Our Commitment to Excellence
Our staff sets the standard for excellence in all departments and all services we provide. We believe that our goal is to create an environment which promotes independence and safety while focusing on improving the quality of life for each patient.
Excellence is measured in many ways including:
- Annual Department of Health surveys
- Many staff members who have had family and friends stay at the community for rehabilitation and extended stays
- Family, resident, and staff feedback on satisfaction and responsiveness
- The Atrium Advantage Customer Service program
- Staff members recognized for professional achievements in clinical and service excellence
- As measured by Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services Five-Star Rating
- Advancing Excellence