Ashtabula County is proud to be the Steelhead capital of Ohio. It is also home of 16 covered bridges and many wineries and museums. The town of Austinburg is located in this grape growing region near Lake Erie, and it provides the perfect setting for Austinburg Rehabilitation Center. Our staff members are proud that our community serves as our residents’ home and a gathering place for family and friends. Through daily interactions, warm smiles, and kind words, our residents know our staff members care for them and about them.
Our Community Features
Austinburg Rehabilitation Center is a welcoming 163-bed community which features restaurant-style dining, daily housekeeping services, personal laundry service and a beauty salon and barber shop. We offer activities and events which are created to meet the needs of each resident. Activities may include gardening, Wii video games, live entertainment, birthday celebrations, and a book club and reading activities. Shopping days and outings to community events are also planned, and programs to meet the spiritual needs of our residents are offered.
Our Community Services
Austinburg Rehabilitation Center is a dually certified community with a secure Alzheimer unit which utilizes alarmed access doors. Our professional nursing staff provides exemplary services which include complex wound care, intravenous therapy, respiratory and oxygen therapy, and hospice care. Our talented staff also provides comprehensive therapies including physical, occupational and speech therapy. Our services help restore the lost abilities, strength and function of our residents. Our goal is to help our residents reach the highest level of independence possible.
The Right Choice
Choosing the right nursing center can be a difficult decision for the potential resident and family. We understand the emotional process of placement and strive to help with the adjustment for both the resident and his or her family. In fact, many of our staff members have had relatives and friends choose our center because of our family atmosphere and quality nursing care services.
- Many long-term staff members
- Pleasant living environment
- Trained and dedicated staff
- Great community reputation and involvement
- Excellent location to visit
- Hospital and physician offices nearby
Our Commitment to Excellence
Our staff sets the standard for excellence in all departments and all services we provide. We believe that our goal is to create an environment which promotes independence and safety while focusing on improving the quality of life for each patient.
Excellence is measured in many ways including:
- Annual Department of Health surveys
- Many staff members who have had family and friends stay at the community for rehabilitation and extended stays
- Family, resident, and staff feedback on satisfaction and responsiveness
- The Atrium Advantage Customer Service program
- Staff members recognized for professional achievements in clinical and service excellence
- As measured by Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services Five-Star Rating
- Advancing Excellence